Pros and Cons of Using a FREE Website Builder for Your Energy Healing Practice
Don’t let anyone tell you differently: It is possible to create a website for free.
If you’re an energy healer starting up your energy healing work as a hobby or planning to grow it into a full-time business, you can make something amazing with no experience and no budget.
Sound too good to be true?
Well, as the saying goes: You get what you pay for.
So while there are limitations to using a free website builder, there are significant benefits.
Let’s begin by defining what a website builder is and also the pros and cons.
What Is a Website Builder?
A website builder is a program or tool that helps you build a website without knowing anything about design, Photoshop, CSS, or HTML. Instead, you select from pre-made template designs and drag-and-drop content and images into place.
It allows anyone to set up a website quickly that looks good. Pick a template, customize it with your branding, and you’re all set.
Website Builders Are Constantly Improving
If this is your first foray into the world of website building, you should know that things have improved dramatically in the past few years.
Not too long ago, you needed to know HTML and have some design skills, or you had to hire expensive experts to set up your website for you.
This is no longer the case!
Now website builder platforms are so user-friendly that anyone can build a professional website in a matter of hours. And many of the top site builders allow you to create a website for free.
7 Pros for Using a Free Website Builder
There are some significant benefits of using a free website builder.
1. Free site builders are a great way for energy healing practitioners to test the water. You can try out the free version to see if it meets your needs and upgrade later to the premium version.
2. It’s as simple as choosing the template you want, uploading your logo, adding information, and you’re ready to go.
3. It’s quicker to complete than if you hired a professional web designer.
4. You’re the boss and control everything — design elements, layout, functionality, and content.
5. You don’t need to know how to code.
6. It’s perfect for non-tech savvy people.
7. You don’t need to ask your web designer to make edits. You’ll be able to update and maintain your website independently in the future.
7 Cons of Using a Free Website Builder
The problem with most free website builders is that while they are a great starting place, they’re inadequate if you want to build out a professional website.
1. You won’t get a dedicated domain name. Instead of having your own distinct URL, e.g., www.yourhealingbusiness.com, you’ll have a sub-domain, e.g., www.websitebuildercompany.com/thenameofyourbusiness.
2. Many free website builders will require ad placements on your site. These are placed by the website builder company as a way for them to recoup the cost of hosting your site for free.
3. They may not have eCommerce capabilities with the free version. Therefore, if you’re planning on selling something or accepting payments on your website, you’ll often have to upgrade to a premium plan for a shopping cart and payment processing functionality.
4. You’re limited in the number of pages you’re allowed to create.
5. Almost always, free builders require their branding to be displayed on your web pages.
6. There will be limited or no customer support.
7. You’re using templates, so it’s not professionally designed.
PC Magazine’s 2018 Top Rated Free Website Builders
I listed the ones that have a free version. To see the complete list go to: pcmag.com/article2
Other’s to consider:
A word about WordPress:
In case you’re wondering why WordPress isn’t on the list, WordPress is a content management system (CMS), not a website builder. You can create a website for free with WordPress, however there’s a learning curve, and it can be a little overwhelming for non-tech users.
Despite the limitations that come with getting something of value for free, website builders are a great tool for many energy healers creating a website for the first time. While hiring a professional web designer is expensive, doing it yourself is free! If you’re starting out, without much revenue, then using a free website builder is a no-brainer.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 2 ways I can help you grow your energy healing business:
1. Click the link below and join the Energy Healers. Thriving Businesses Facebook Group for the best ideas on building your client-base.
Plus get expert advice on handling administrative and financial tasks, and mastering the fundamental challenges of an energy healing business with ease, so you can focus on the work you love: helping clients heal.
2. I’m excited about an innovative client attraction system for spiritual and healing entrepreneurs that I think you’re going love.
There are still some openings for a free client attraction strategy session this month. You can choose to have your free session by app (Skype or Zoom) or email.
If you want a spot, send me an email with your time zone and preferred app or email to:
jan@YourHealingBusiness.com or DM me on Twitter @Your_HealingBiz
Photo Credit: Tran Mau Tri Tam on Unsplash