Pinterest for Business Basics for Energy Healing Practitioners
Pinterest launched in March 2010.
By 2012, more than 11.7 million users were pinning each month. By 2017, Pinterest had 200 million monthly active users.
Even with so many people using Pinterest, it remains a confusing place for those who haven’t pinned before. Or, if you’ve used Pinterest in the past and found it limiting, you won’t now!
Last year, I wrote a blog post about how to use Pinterest to increase traffic to your healing practice. In it, I talked about strategies for marketing your practice using Pinterest for Business.
Today, I’ll be breaking down the basics of Pinterest for Business and its features so you can quickly and easily get started.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a free web and mobile application company (notice I didn’t say it was a social media platform) that operates a software system designed to discover information on the World Wide Web.
In other words, it’s a search engine.
Just like Twitter, Pinterest has a language all its own.
* Boards — Boards are collections of pins dedicated to a theme. Boards are public, meaning they can be viewed by anyone. Example: “Energy Healing Tips”
* Group Boards — Are the same as regular boards except that you can have multiple pinners sharing content within a board. Example: “San Francisco Energy Healers”
* Secret Boards — Are non-public boards. You’re the only one who sees your pins. This is good if you’re collecting ideas and don’t want anyone else to know about it. Example: “Gifts for My Energy Healing Clients”
* Section — Within each board are sections. To get a visual in your mind about how this works: Board = file cabinet. Sections = drawers in the file cabinet.
* Pin — A pin is an image that you add to a board that links to an external webpage. Example: Your blog post.
* Repin— Just like you can ‘retweet’ in Twitter, you can also ‘repin’ in Pinterest. When you repin someone else’s pin, you’re sharing it with all of your followers.
* Comments and Likes — Just like on Twitter and Facebook. If you find a pin you really like, leave a comment or click ‘like’ to show your support.
5 Basic Guidelines of Pinterest
1. Pinterest is primarily a visual network, so pin great images! (In, “Use Pinterest to Increase Traffic to Your Healing Practice,” I discuss the ideal image size, so I’ll not repeat myself here.)
2. Share quality content.
3. Know your target market.
4. Check your analytics frequently to see what pins are resonating with your followers.
5. Promote your Pinterest account on your website or blog with the Pinterest Browser Button (‘Pin It’ icon) — More about that below.
Why Use Pinterest for Your Practice?
Because you can’t afford not to!
Seriously, Pinterest will introduce your energy healing practice and blog to a whole lot of people. It works exponentially to increase your exposure and traffic. Here’s how:
1. Someone visits your Pinterest profile and pins your latest blog post on “Attunement Self-care Tips” to their Pinterest profile.
2. Then, 10 additional people repin that person’s pin of your blog post (“Attunement Self-care Tips”) to their Pinterest profile.
3. And another 10, and another 10, and another 10 repin that same post.
4. All of a sudden, your blog post is going viral.
One pin. Thousands of repins!
Amazing exposure! Right?
How to Create a Pinterest for Business Account
If you already have a personal Pinterest profile, you’ll want to convert it to Pinterest for Business. It’s free to convert and easy to do.
Here’s how: Pinterest for Business
How to Set up a Board, Pin, and Find Content
Step 1: Set up your Pinterest boards.
I recommend beginning with 8 to 12 boards so people will stay longer on your profile. Name your boards based on keywords, terms, or phrases that your niche is interested in. Remember, boards are searchable, so make the names of your boards count!
* Jan Anderson Healing Energy Blog
* How to Get More Clients
* Energy Healing Tips
* Answers to Questions About Energy Healing
* Energy Healing Techniques for Beginners
Step 2: Find and pin content.
I suggest initially pinning 5 articles to each board. This will fill in the thumbnails displayed on each of your boards, make you look active, and increase the amount of time people stay on your profile.
Tips for finding and pinning great content:
* In the Pinterest search bar, search for specific words or phrases associated with each one of your boards.
* Pin the content from your blog to your Pinterest profile.
* Add the Pinterest browser button (‘Pin It’ icon) to your browser so you can quickly pin content.
Here’s how: Pinterest Browser Button
How to Spread the Word
Now that you have everything set up it’s time to spread the word.
Here are a few ideas:
1. Write a blog post about Pinterest with a call to action at the end to follow you.
2. Blast out an email to your subscriber list and tell them you’re now on Pinterest.
3. Add your Pinterest profile link to your email signature.
4. Add the ‘Pin It’ icon to your blog.
5. Add a Pinterest ‘follow’ button to your blog.
Quick Link: Website Widgets
Pinterest is a powerful web tool designed to collect and share ideas. Now that you know what Pinterest is and what it can do for your energy healing practice, start pinning!
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 2 ways I can help you grow your energy healing business:
1. Click the link below and join the Energy Healers. Thriving Businesses Facebook Group for the best ideas on building your client-base.
Plus get expert advice on handling administrative and financial tasks, and mastering the fundamental challenges of an energy healing business with ease, so you can focus on the work you love: helping clients heal.
2. I’m excited about an innovative client attraction system for #spiritual and #healing entrepreneurs that I think you’re going love.
There are still some openings for a free client attraction strategy session this month. You can choose to have your free session by app (Skype or Zoom) or email.
If you want a spot, send me an email with your time zone and preferred app or email to:
jan@YourHealingBusiness.com or DM me on Twitter @Your_HealingBiz