How to Name Your Healing Practice Right the First Time!
It’s time to transition from working on family and friends to starting up your very own energy healing practice.
Now you need a name for your practice.
Deciding on a name for your energy practice is one of the most exciting parts of starting up a business. Yet, there’s so much riding on choosing the right name for your practice that you want to make sure you get it right the first time.
The name for my business: Your Healing Business looks simple enough. However, it took me two years and hundreds of hours to get the name right.
Believe it or not, the first name I chose for my business was NuminAce. I loved that name because it had spiritual meaning to me. Yet, after months of working with someone to create the artwork and branding and numerous iterations that cost me lots of money, I discovered that the name didn’t work. Although I resonated with it, no one else did.
The key to picking a great name for your energy practice is to make it memorable. Make it distinctive. Your name should resonate with your clients and invite them in.
Here’s what I learned in the process of deciding on a name for my healing business:
- Keep it simple.I made the process of choosing my energy businesses’ name way more complicated than it needed to be. Forget about being unique. Stick to a simple name. You’ll be glad you did.
- Have it be easy to spell.Golly! What was I thinking with NuminAce? I laugh about it, even now. Of course I knew how to spell it, however, my client’s had a hard time with it. That’s not good. Have your healing practice’s name be memorable and easy to spell.
- Make it short.Always think of the big picture when choosing the name of your healing practice. How will it look on your website? On your business cards? As a URL? Help your clients ‘type in’ the name of your practice when they’re searching for you by making it short, easy to spell, and simple.
- Make it specific to your energy healing practice.Mention in the name of your healing practice what you do. Reiki and Angel Healing packs a lot of information about what to expect. So does, Healing Hands Massage.
- Make sure it works in a sentence.You want others talking about your healing practice, so make sure it works well in a sentence. “I just had a great massage at Healing Hands Massage”, works.
There’s more to naming your energy healing practice than just coming up with something that sounds good, is clever, or you just happen to like.
Naming your practice takes thought and consideration. By keeping it simple and easy to spell you’ll be sure you’re clients can find you. Making it short and specific to your healing practice gives your client’s a glimpse into what they can expect. Making sure it works in a sentence helps get you talked about.
Have fun and let me know what name you’ve come up with for your energy practice.
Yes You Can! empowers energy healers to put themselves forward in their communities by starting up healing practices. For in doing so, not only will more people find the healing they need, our communities and our relationship with the natural world will also be healed.
Come join me in this healing journey.